What is an OPT?
OPT: Outdoor Payment Terminal
It is classified as an outdoor payment kiosk and usually it is installed at the gas station forecourt, beside the fuel dispenser.
It allows to perform payment at the pump with or without the needs of operator with different method of payment such as: Cash Card, Debit Card, Credit Card, Fleet Card, Vouchers, mobile wallet.
It is directly interfaced to the fuel dispenser thus it allows preset the amount of fuel to be dispensed and directly collect the amount to be paid without the need of operator inputs
OPT will also lock the dispenser and authorise it automatically only when a valid payment card is used thus preventing frauds or thefts
- Medium working class is growing and together with it the adoption and habit for cashless transaction: this new trend demands for a secure, safe and easy cashless payment in every business; including at retail Gas Station.
- Example: eToll already widely implemented for cashless transaction at highway. Jasamarga planning to completely remove cash transaction by the end of 2017
- Addressing increasing labor cost, demand for an easy unattended payment solutions at Gas Station.
- No longer confined to time zones, operators, retail hours or cash transactions, consumers are increasingly opting to serve themselves.
- Accepting secure electronic payment from unattended self-serve locations is the way forward as it is proven by track record on every other developed countries in US, EU and APAC.
Why conventional EDC are not the solution?
Major Payment Terminal Manufacturers:
- Long lasting: Designed for outdoor use: fully stainless steel. Sturdy and robust casing
- Safe: Bolt on the ground outside the hazardous area around the dispenser
- Integrated: Fully integrated with the dispenser with certified pump controller
- Versatile: can be used in full service or self service, with operator as a payment booth or as a payment terminal
- Cost effective: can be connected to multiple dispenser in case of non busy site thus saving investment cost
- Cost saving: allow to run the gas station in unmanned mode thus saving from labor cost
- Multifunctional: can accept any payment method ranging from credit/debit card, to cash card, to voucher.
- Easy to use
Self Service Mode
- Allow unmanned transaction at the pump
- Operators are no longer needed
- Customer will pay and refill him/her self thru the Advanz OPT
- Gas station can operate during the night without operator
- Labour cost saving = more higher margins
- OPT can be connected with ATG to collect fuel stock data and alarm
- Optimal solution for small and mini gas station where operator can be removed completely